Monday, September 26, 2011

Display author's photo on a blog site

Ever come across a scenario where you are asked whether can you display photograph of the person who created the blog?

I was and immediately I started my research in analyzing how best to achieve this? My initial gut feel was to modify the XSLT for the blogs but as always I was trying to search if there was an OOB way to do it.

Below are the steps that you need to perform in order for this to work in OOB manner


Step 1: go to blog site

Step 2: go to Posts list

Step 3: List Settings\





















Step 4: Click on "Created By" column, and as you can see from the image above, change the Show field from Name with presence to name with picture. 
and Voila!!! it will be done. 
Something that I forgot to mention is that this will need user's photo to be uploaded on their My Profile. The users can upload their photo using their My Site. 
Hope this is helpful :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment